Monday, May 3, 2010

Pigs vs Sheep

Pilot Fluff Pendleton Commodore Fleece Cardigan

Private Side O'Bacon


Lieutenant Sureshot Shearling

Does anybody remember Barnyard Commandos(1989-1990)? Essentially they were sheep and pigs dressed up with tattoos and assorted military gear. Man I loved those things when I was little and I suppose you could say that I still do considering I still own five of them (two pigs and three sheep). They issued two waves, one in '89 and the second in '90 for a total of sixteen characters. The animals were rubbery like bath toys and sure they were cheaply made but I still think they were kick-ass. I only had a couple when I was little but Ash helped me track down some more that were still carded. I think after this post I will randomly do little editorials on some more of my favorite toys over the years, especially from my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment